If you have any questions please contact me, Claire Tait, at my email address email@example.com
I comply with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
I understand that visitors from the EU may access this site, so I also aim to comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
1. Personal Information
If you engage with me via this website, or choose to become my client, I may ask to collect the following kinds of personal information from you:
Name, Address, Email address, Mobile number
Interests & preferences
Your opinion about future topics, products or services that may interest you
Information that allows me to tailor my content to your needs when you sign up for one of my webinars or promotional events.
As is common with online businesses, I may automatically log information about your access and use of my website through the use of internet cookies and the Facebook pixel.
2. Collection and Use
I may collect your personal information by various means including:
- Contact/Enquiry/Question form
- Your emailing me
- Newsletter subscription
- Sign up for webinar / event
- In-person event
- Request for testimonials
- When you become a client or purchase from me
- My website automatically collecting information via analytics and cookies
I use this information to:
- Respond to your enquiries
- Provide specific services to you at your request
- Monitor visitor and/or client satisfaction
- To improve my products and services
- To provide more relevant information
- To provide news about my services and products
- To provide news about my developments
I will only collect your personal information:
- With your full awareness and consent, such as when you email me, tick a checkbox or fill in a form to provide me with information
- If I need it to provide you with information or services that you request
- If I am legally required to collect it
- For necessary administrative processes if you become my client
- If I believe that I can demonstrate a legitimate interest in using your data for marketing purposes, although I will always give you a choice to opt out.
3. Sensitive Information
I understand that some personal information is particularly sensitive.
I will only collect sensitive information by methods that are reasonably secure, such as:
- Through my intake form on my online booking system
- In a session; online, telephone, face-to-face
- When you send me information in an email
The reason why I collect this information is:
- So that I can provide you with the services you have contracted for
- To ensure that I am providing you with the most appropriate services
The sensitive information I ask you to provide for this purpose may include:
- Date and time of birth
- Family circumstances
- Health history
- Preferences and opinions
I am committed to securely storing and handling your sensitive information.
Sensitive information is stored in a locked cupboard, to which only I have access
Cloud storage: I do not store sensitive information in the cloud
Destruction policy: all archived sensitive information is securely destroyed after 7 years.
4. Professional Considerations
I am subject to both the ATMS (Australian Traditional Medicine Society) and AKA (Australian Kinesiology Association) codes of conduct with regard to the collection of personal information.
You may choose not to provide me with your personal information. However,
- If you choose not to be completely honest with me I may not be able to provide you with the services that you request.
- I am legally required to identify my clients by collecting their name and address, and failure to provide this information means I cannot offer my services to you.
5. Use of Personal Information
Reasons I may disclose your personal information include:
- To provide you with the services you have requested
- To send you products that you have purchased
- When using support services, for example a VA (Virtual Assistant)
In order to do this, I may share some relevant personal information, on a strictly need to know basis, with:
- My email marketing provider
- My VA (Virtual Assistant)
- Australia Post or other courier companies
- Other third party providers who assist with my accounting, website, technology and CRM (customer relations management)
I will also disclose your information if required by law to do so or in circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act, for example, where I have reasonable grounds to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to my functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in, and in response to a subpoena, discovery request or a court order.
If you have any concerns regarding the disclosure of your personal information, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me to discuss this personally.
6. Third Party Links
I may include links to third-party websites or services, for example, embedded videos from YouTube. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. I do not have control over these third-party websites or services and they have their own rules about the collection, use, and disclosure of information.
I take reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
I manage risks to your personal information by:
- Storing files securely
- Ensuring that only I and key personnel have access to sensitive information
- Releasing information to service providers on a strictly need-to-know basis, and
- Conducting regular audits of my security systems
As mentioned above, your personal information may also be stored with a third-party provider, where it will be managed under their security policy:
- Mailchimp https://mailchimp.com/about/security/
From time to time I may combine information provided by you with information gathered from:
- Google Analytics
8. Access to Information
You can contact me to access, correct or update your personal information at any time. Unless I am subject to a confidentiality obligation or some other restriction on giving access to the information which permits me to refuse you access under the Privacy Act, and I believe there is a valid reason for doing so, I will endeavour to make your information available you within 30 days.
Please begin the process by sending an email requesting access to your information to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will endeavour to respond within 7 days.
If you are not satisfied with my response to your complaint you may seek a review by contacting:
- The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner using the information available at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints
- The health ombudsman in your state or territory
10. Notification of Change
11. Notification of Breach
If I have reason to suspect that a serious data breach has occurred and that this may result in harm or loss to you, I will immediately assess the situation and take appropriate remedial action. If I still believe that you are at risk, I will notify the Office of the Information Commissioner and either notify you directly, or if that is not possible, publicise a notification of the breach on this website.